Have you been thinking about starting a business of your own but are afraid to take any risks, especially in today’s uncertain marketplace? I believe that success hinges more on attitude and action than anything else.
Here is some information about a successful Christian businessman named David Green, owner of Hobby Lobby Creative Centers. David started his Hobby Lobby stores back in 1972.
It started out as a small frame shop where he retailed manufactured picture frames. It grew large within just 3 years. Today he has stores all across the United States (335 stores with 16,000 employees) which grosses a billion dollars in sales annually.
Listed below are some of the reasons why his hobby and crafts stores have prospered over the years. He started out with just a $600 investment in his business. Today his stores do over 1 billion a year in sales.
1. David Green is a Christian businessman who started from modest beginnings and went on to enormous success and attributes all his success to his total dependency on God.
2. Another reason for his success is that he has had a strong customer service policy. He believes he is a servant to his customers.
3. Along with his servant minded mentality towards his customers he practices and sets an example of strong character and integrity in front of his employees.
4. David say he also pays his employees better than other similar hobby and craft stores because he wants his stores to be a shinning light in the community and to stand out among other similar stores as well.
5. He has a list of high quality traits he passes on to his employees. There are even bible studies available as well as a company chaplain.
6. David says that true success comes through the Lord because everything hinges on eternity and without eternal life you are not really successful.
7. He says that prayer has helped him in business more than anything else.
8. He closes his stores on Sundays even though he is walking away from $100 million in sales. He does it to show the world and his employees where his priorities are.
Whether you are a Christian or not you can use these principles in your own home based business and excel. As I used to hear them say at Amway seminars, “Get your attitude up and your income will follow. Get your attitude down and your income will follow”. And… “Your attitude governs your altitude. And… If you think you can, you can and if you think you can’t, you’re right again!”
In the Holy Bible, the book of Psalms (Psalm 1, verse 3) God says that everything a righteous man does shall prosper. Here is a link to a web site that actually shows you how you can instantly become righteous today. While the rest of the world is given to change you can build your business on rock solid truth and promises that won’t change. http://www.godssimpleplan.org/gsps-english.html
The gospel (good news) is the world’s greatest info product and it is free! The world’s best kept secret is Romans 10:13 “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”